Things we've tried:
- Natural sleep aids
- Over the counter sleep aids - Tylenol PM, Excedrin PM, Motrin PM, CounterActPM (this one helping the most out of the above).
- TV on/ TV off
- Reading before bed
- Drink concoctions - the most recent being honey and vinegar, yuck!
But to get to the bottom line non of the above really help. So recently he went to the Dr. and has a prescribed med. to take. It's been a week now and no amazing results to report back.
Next in our family with sleeping issues is our oldest Daughter (4). She's always had sleeping problems. When she was 2 she had a "special bed" on the floor of our room that she would come in and sleep on at nights. Sleep walking was another issue we dealt with with that thankfully didn't stick around too long! The most recent issue is the fact that she is having a hard time falling asleep. This has started within the last month. My fear is that she'll have sleeping issues like her Daddy does. This week we've been trying a cd that plays for about 30 min. I think it's been helping to get her mind to drift off. Here's some things that I've heard are important.
- Routine throughout the day
- Make sure to wake your child at the same time each morning
- Go to bed at the same time each night
- Cut out refined sugars
- Physical activity throughout the day
- Bed time yoga
I really want to make steps now in our life to better her sleeping habit rather than her having to struggle with it like her Daddy has.