#JustThinkingThursday Love this time of year!Pin It
Thursday, October 29, 2015
Tuesday, October 27, 2015
- You are a gift and should be treated as such.
- I'm so Thankful God chose me to be your Mom.
- You are to talented to be afraid to reach for your hearts desires.
- Without you are family would NOT be complete.
- Respect yourself.
- Dress like a princess, with grace and dignity.
- Always show kindness.
- Never be afraid to do what you know is right.
- I'll never forget holding you as a baby and how you have changed me.
- You've made me cry as I have made you, but I will always forgive you.
- Your laughter makes me so joyful and it should be heard by everyone!
- Dream big.
- Don't be afraid of hard work.
- Love your sisters (and little brother) fiercely.
- If you feel afraid pray and then come to me and I will always help you.
- You may be one day bigger than me but you will always be my baby.
- Grades are important but not as important as the effort and work you put behind what you do. Do Your Best!
- Sing often, it lifts the heart.
- You are one of the few who truly knows the sound of my heart and how strongly it beats to love, protect, provide, laugh with and hold you tight.
My sweet, beautiful girls - never lose your sparks, laughter, gifts, memories, scars, heart for God, knowledge of right and wrong and family bonds, for these are what make you, YOU.
Friday, October 23, 2015
I had the privilege to teach a class at our local college a few weeks ago. It was such a great experience. I spent all summer looking for solid wood chairs that we could use for the class. I selected a few of my favorite Annie Sloan Chalk Paint colors and spent the night with some amazing women as we learned about the benefits of chalk paint. Each attendee took a chair home that they brought back to life with their hands. Here are a few photos from the night:
Thursday, October 22, 2015
This past weekend was the Fall White Barn Sale and it was simply AMAZING!
My Mandy and I had such a great day! So many of our friends we're there, yummy food, live music and the best hand made projects you could find in South West Nebraska.
Here are a few photos from my booth:
Monday, October 19, 2015
Wednesday, October 14, 2015
I picked up this old headboard from a friend last week. Midway through construction I grabbed the camera and took a few pictures.
I filled the holes on the headboard with wood putty.
And used 18 inch spindles for the front legs.
I love the look of chipped paint. In order to achieve this look I stained, put on a white coat of paint and topped it off with a grey paint of coat. And then did my distressing.
For the seat I used old wood, sanded like crazzzzy and cut to fit the size I needed.
I love how this beauty turned out!Pin It
Friday, October 9, 2015
Halloween is just weeks away!
It's such a fun silly holiday. I love the warmth of colors during this season too.
Here are some super fun untraditional pumpkin ideas that I am loving.
(All of these pictures are from Pinterest. Who doesn't love that site?!).
Tuesday, October 6, 2015
I'm beyond EXCITED for the Fall White Barn Sale! Last year was the first craft show I was ever a part of and it truly was one of the funnest days.
I've been creating for the past few month's for this day. Here's just a sampling of what I'll be bringing with me: