As a child, I feel like its nice to recognize my mom and mother in law on this day but also in my heart I know that it should be an act of love throughout the year. Why should we save the celebration of being a mother to one specific day?
I am sending out Mother's Day cards, aren't they adorable?! They print off beautifully. And because sending flowers is so expensive and last just a week for the recipient, I am sending flower seeds, that will bloom all summer and as they do, I hope those I'm will think of me each time they walk by.
5 Ways to Show Your Mom (Women in Your Life) Appreciation THROUGHOUT the Year
1. Send cards. Everyone loves happy mail.
2. Create a photo album of your favorite memories together and give anytime of year.
3. Call. Who doesn't love to hear their loved ones voices?! And when your on the phone mention how your glad she's your mom.
4. Action speaks louder than words at times. Make the time to spend time together.
5. Buy a gift that specifically makes you think of her. Write a note that explains why. Pin It
I've been seeing similar tires on Pinterest and think they are just the cutest!
So I created my own version.
I used an 8" car tire. My husband cut it in half (he said it was a big job). I then created a base with 8" 2x4's inside the tire rim and mounted them with standard screws. I topped the tire with a 1x10. Lots of paint. I really cute stencil I created with my Silhouette. (See More of my Silhouette projects HERE and HERE). And a handle.
My 3 year old fits perfectly on this and so does my 6 year old.