Thursday, September 11, 2014
We all have them...
But a dream is really a wish that doesn't have an action plan to achieve it.
Do you have a Dream Board? I do and have had different ones through the last few years. It's incredible to see what has been achieved and what is yet to come. By putting your dreams on paper it makes them 10 times more attainable!
Here is an incredible article to help you Put Your Dreams To The Test, it's a quick read but totally worth it. Here's a little snippet...
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers."
Read More HERE
Friday, September 5, 2014
If you have never been to The Wild Animal Sanctuary and are within driving range you should go! This is the second time our family has gone. It's so cool to see all of the large carnivores in their "natural" habitats.
Our trip was extra fun because we got to go with cousins!
It's so fun to see all of the kids together :)
Learn about The Wild Animal Sanctuary: http://www.wildanimalsanctuary.org/Pin It
Sunday, August 31, 2014
Grandparent's Day is just a week away!
Here's a simple yet classy gift to give to those incredible people who so lovingly call themselves grandparents to you and your kids.
I cut two pieces of wood down to size. These are 1x12's cut to 8 inches. I then drilled holes into the top for the ribbon. Stained the top piece of wood and the bottom was painted with chalk paint. Then I created a design on my Cameo Silhouette and cut it out on vinyl. Glued a clip on the front along with a cute picture of our kids.
Friday, August 29, 2014
We went on a little day getaway and went bowling! Our girls love it. We don't go often but it's within driving range and it's almost like a little secret trip. Filled with adventure, new sights, ice cream and fun!
Here's to your Friday!Pin It
Friday, August 15, 2014
Our MOPS theme for 2014 is to Be You Bravely... and that has gotten me to thinking as we've been planning for this incredible year to come.
Not only thinking about our group and the theme but personally. How am I brave?
I do have to say that becoming a parent has given me strength to be so much braver than I was pre-baby. But I want to instill in my kids that it's ok to be brave even when they are fearful.
Here are a few ways that I AM BRAVE:
1. I BRAVELY run through our sprinkler and run at a little yellow slip in slide to prove to my kids that I CAN do it and so can they.
2. I BRAVELY pray out loud so my kids can hear me speaking to my Father in times of praise and weakness.
3. I BRAVELY encourage others to empower themselves through adventures they never thought possible, something as simple as making a needed phone call to starting their own business.
4. I BRAVELY jump on a horse and let it run as fast as it can. (partly out of braveness and partly out of the love of it).
5. I BRAVELY help sort bulls off from the cows this time of year even though they scare me just a little bit.
6. I BRAVELY befriend someone new, although I'm afraid of rejection.
7. I BRAVELY try new recipes even after failing at a few.
8. I BRAVELY use power tools with a few imperfections.
9. I BRAVELY am an advocate for those around me who I know need me to be strong even when I feel so very small.
10. I BRAVELY love my children with all of my being with a fierceness that I never knew existed until motherhood.
I AM BRAVE!
Sunday, August 10, 2014
Monday, July 7, 2014
It's in the high 90's here today - there's no way I wanted to turn the oven on but the girls wanted to make some cookies. Here's our alternative! These super yummy No-Bake Cookies that took less than 20 minutes to make.
I found a recipe via. Pinterest but wanted to add a little pizazz and really who doesn't like M&M's?! Here's what you'll need:
1/4 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Milk
2 Cups Sugar
3 Cups Oatmeal
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1 tsp. Vanilla
Add your top three ingredients together in a pan.
Here is my original recipe I wrote down :)
You'll want to let the butter, milk and sugar boil - a roaring boil to be exact. I let mine boil for a few minutes while scraping the bottom a few times.
Remove from heat and add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. Mix well.
Drop by spoon fulls onto wax paper and let cool for 30 seconds before putting M&M's in.
Don't forget to enjoy them with someone you love!