In today's world of business it's easy to get caught up in the mindset that we want to work from home. Ideally this means you do work, in your pj's from home, right?!
I've worked from our home for almost a decade. During the past 10 years I've learned so much, some lessons easier than others.
Ready to Work from Home?
10 things you need to know!
- You will have lots of interruptions on a daily basis.
- You MUST have a calendar and use it!
- Your office CAN be anywhere! The backyard, kitchen, waiting to get your kids off the bus.
- The only way to earn a paycheck (just like a traditional job) is to do the work.
- Consistency and vision leads to a happy work environment.
- Work with a great tribe of people who lift you up and help you along the way.
- Set your work schedule and calendar those hours in.
- Know what action is required to earn your paycheck and make sure your doing income generating activities during those hours.
- Work for a reputable company, see the compensation plan and talk to others who work with that company before you commit yourself.
- Do something that you love! Here's what I have done for the past decade that has allowed me to be home. Http://www.4mykiddos.com