Cherry Cake Desert


 We had coffee guests over this morning and I made one of my favorite brunch items! I first tried this several years ago when a friend made this for a MOPS brunch and Ive used the recipe many times since. Its so pretty and tastes amazing!
 Ingredients: 
 1 can cherry pie filling
1kg white cake mix (I used a cake mix from our local flour mill).
1 cup sour cream
3 eggs
 Mix all above, except pie filling, until moist (will be lumpy). Pour into a greased jelly roll pan (I used a large stone bar pan). Drop cherry pie filling onto cake by the tablespoonful. Swirl with a knife. Bake for 25 min at 350degrees, cool.
 Topping: 
1/4 cup almonds (optional).
1 1/2 C powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk
dash vanilla
 Sprinkle cooled cake with almonds and drizzle topping back and forth on top of cake. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow on Bloglovin