4 Fool Proof, Go-To Recipes

I enjoy cooking but I like the trusty go to recipes that I know my kids will eat. Here are 4 of our favorite ones that are great for the cold weather.
Noodles and Beef Tip:
 You'll Need:
1/2 package of egg noodles
1 package of stew meat or any cheaper cuts of steak.
1 package brown gravy mix.
salt and pepper to taste & EVOO
*In a large skillet heat 1 T. of EVOO, You'll want to cut your stew meat into smaller pieces, salt and pepper and then toss into a hot skillet. Let your meat cook until it has a nice caramelized look to all sides. As your meat is cooking bring to boil a large pan of water, cook your egg noodles. Once the meat and noodles are both cooked, take 1 C. of the noodle water and put it in your large skillet with your meat, add brown gravy mix, stir. Drain noodles and then toss all of your noodles into the skillet. Mix everything together. My kids LOVE this recipe, its simple, easy, doesn't cost a ton and is a great go-to!
Chicken-Potato Bake
 You'll Need:
6 chicken legs
4 large potatoes carrots and celery optional.
1 C. Parmesan cheese
3 T. EVOO
1 C. Italian Dressing
*Place your chicken legs in a 9x 13 pan. Then add your vegetables (I cut them into wedges), around the chicken legs. Top with EVOO, Parm Cheese, and Italian Dressing. Bake at 350* for 40-50 min. Serve. For a family of 6 I have to double the above recipe as my kiddos LOVE this. We rarely have chicken since we raise beef so it's a bit of a treat for them.
Chili
 You'll Need:
1 pound browned beef
2 cans Chili Beans
1 can Black Beans
2 C. Tomato Juice
2 T. Tomato paste
1 Can canned tomatoes 
1 tsp. Onion powder
1 tsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp. crushed chili peppers
cheese, Frito's or toppings of choice.
*I make my chili in a crock-pot and let it do its thing for an entire day. But first I turn my crock-pot on and I put the Tomato Paste at the bottom for a few min. until you can smell the aroma. Then I add all of the other ingredients. Sometimes I add a little onion but one of our daughters isn't a fan of onions. Then I let it cook all day and its ready to serve. This is perfect for a cold day and warms the soul :)
Spanish Rice
You'll Need: 
2 C. white rice
1 medium chopped onion
1 chicken bullion cube
1 T. Tomato paste
2 tsp. oregano 
salt and pepper to taste
*I use my Spanish rice as a side to lots of meals we eat. First you'll want a pot and a pan out. In your pan you'll heat it with 1 T. EVOO. In your pot you'll heat to a boil 3 C. water and add your bullion cube. Switch back to your now hot pan and add your rice, cook for a few min. until you notice the rice starting to turn brown. Then add your onion and cook another minute. Once your water is boiling, add your rice, tomato paste and seasonings. Stir. Boil for 5 minutes and then reduce to a simmer for another 20 minutes or until the rice is fluffy. I don't like squishy rice so I watch mine closely.

Here's to staying warm in these cold months ahead!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow on Bloglovin