Mothers Day is this weekend!
And a favorite gift for me to give to the Moms on my list is flowers! Flowers are fun no matter what the occasion, but I love giving living plants that they can enjoy not only for the week but for the season and possibly even years to come.
5 Easy to Care for Flowers
1. Iris: iris are among the most elegant -- and easy to grow -- flowers of spring. They come in a large variety of colors and sizes.
2. Peony: You can enjoy the bright-colored lush fullness of the peony flower in your outdoor landscape. These are a personal favorite and will come back year after year.
3. Salvia: Salvia plants, commonly known as Sage, are long-blooming, deer resistant and easy to care for.
4. Snowball Bush: An amazingly 'SHOWY' addition to any landscape; the Viburnum Macrocephalum, more commonly known as the 'Chinese Snowball Bush', is beautiful and easy-to-grow. The flowers emerge a striking lime-green in late spring and gradually turn to snowy-white in mid-May; they retain their green color for several weeks before turning to cream and then to white.
5. Pansy: The garden pansy is a type of large-flowered hybrid plant cultivated as a garden flower. These are annuals and work well in hanging baskets or pots.
Each of these flowers is easy to care for, has beautiful blooms and make for great gifts.
As Mothers Day comes, be sure to show your love to the women who mean so much to us. With a call, hug, handmade card or flower.
If your looking for more gardening advice follow the link below: