What Child is This?

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

I often wonder if Mary had any twinkling of what God was bringing into her life? A child, yes, someone to love and care for. But did she have any idea that that child would be our Savior? To save her from her sins as well as mine? John 3:16 has always made me feel safe and comforted.

As a mother of three I often ponder what Mary had on her mind. As Mary and Joseph we're in Bethlehem and Mary gave birth to her Son and she wrapped him in clothes and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. Did she know what God had given to her?

My biggest hope is that I can teach my children the true reason of Christmas... That Mary gave birth to Our Savior - and that if we love Him and believe in Him and give our hearts to Him that we will have eternal life. What a gift we have been given!

Merry Christmas to You and Your family and may You have a blessed New Year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow on Bloglovin