My first DIY for 2015: Command Center

One of my big goals for 2015 is to be more organized. I know that if I'm able to do this the rest of my life will be much simpler. 
I saw all of these cool command centers on Pinterest, a place where all of the notes, important papers etc. go and I knew just the place to create one in our home. 
 This is the before shot of what this wall looked like. It's a door way off of our Laundry room, a spot in our home that I frequent. Obviously I wasn't using this spot to its full potential and it for sure wasn't very eye appealing.
My first step was to mask and paint the wall with some chalk board paint that I had on hand along with clearing out the old papers that had been lingering. 
 I had all of these fun pieces just hanging out in our house serving no purpose so I grouped them together and gave them a home.
 I attached some eye hooks to the wall and hung a piece of twine with some small clothes pins for our Masterpieces!
 Added a little burlap bunting for some girly flare.
 Hung this hook and bucket for pens, chalk and dry erase markers.
 I've also had this organization wall hanger for over a year. I've used it some but not to it's full potential.
 I now have a spot for all of my kids school stuff. 
And a pocket for each of their important papers, spelling tests and notebooks. As I've been scouring the Internet looking for organizational 
tips here are the top 2 that I really think will help me:
1.Make a designated place for everything.
2.If it doesn't have a place or serve a purpose, get rid of it.


Here's to being organized in 2015!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow on Bloglovin