Dollar Tree Candle Holders with a Farm House Flair

Happy Wednesday! I hope this second week of 2016 has been good to you so far. 

I've recently been reading a book by Stormie Omartian titled The Power of a Praying Wife. (It's a great read if you haven't ever read it). One part that has stood out to me is this.... "... Help me to create a peaceful, restful, safe place for him to come home to." This fits right in place with one of my verses for the year, 1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not a God of disorder but of peace.

Don't you love those moments when you know God is speaking to you!?
One of the way's I can show love and obedience to God is by making my home a peaceful, (Beautiful), restful place for my husband and children. 

Because I love building things out of wood I always have scrap pieces. I used 2x8s cut them to 12 inches in length and sanded them down. 
I then painted them with Pure White by Annie Sloan.
If you've never used this tip it's a helpful one, when painting a piece put it on a coffee mug so you can get all sides without it sticking to the surface your working on. 

I then placed hooks on the back so I could hang them.
 I have had these dollar tree candle holders since I moved out of my mom's home (because it's all I could afford then).
 So I placed a nail at dead center to hang them. 
 This project totally added a little pop and keeps the candle holders from blending in with my wall.

 My entire family noticed the upgrades when they got home. 
Here's to making our homes a beautiful place of rest and peace.
Check out my tutorial on making a custom pillow for your space.
Pin It

  I'm passionate about educating families about the chemicals and hazards in their homes and the small changes we can make to protect our children from poisonings.

Liquid laundry packets has caused more than 3,700 calls to the U.S. Poison Center in a 3 month period. 
Keep reading HERE. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow on Bloglovin