DIY Magnetic Photo Holder

Ive been on a recent mission to keep everything that my kids touch sanitized. As I was spraying my Natural Disinfectant on the fridge today, I had an "ah-ha" moment!

And thats what drove me to make these super cute and simple DIY Magnetic Photo Holders.  

Our kids are so blessed to not only have all of their grandparents but also great grandparents. And sometimes I find that grandparents are hard to shop for because they have everything! 
Each year I give the kids pictures in cards, this year Ill give them in this fun way so they can be displayed on the fridge. 
 DIY steps to make these Magnetic Photo Holders
I started with some scraps of thin plywood that was stashed in the garage. I wanted to make sure the wood I was working with wouldn't be too heavy for the magnets.
 I then painted my pieces blue, then a coat of white and then I stenciled on top of the white with a country grey color.

 When my pain was dry, I sanded. 
{I love sanding!!}
 Isn't is pretty!?
The hardware I used was things I had around my home excluding the magnets. I recently purchased those at Hobby Lobby for $7.00s but I used my 40% off coupon on that item.  
 I hot glued 4 magnets on the back, one on each corner. 
I wanted each photo holder to be unique and a little different. This one I glued these little clips to.
This one I wrapped jute around at the top and bottom of it. 
And this one I wrapped with jute simply at the bottom. 

I think they turned out Really cute! All together it took me about an hour of time for these three projects and cost wise was very minimal. 

 Aren't they cute!

 These really are simple yet very personal Christmas gifts that would be perfect for anyone on your list.
{Check out Some other DIY Christmas Gifts HERE}
Have a great weekend my friends!

  

1 comment:

Julie said...

So much nicer to have photos organized on that beautiful background! Awesome project!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow on Bloglovin