Don't you LOVE Pinterest! I do! It's so addicting and one of the biggest social media sites out there. Here are 9 tips that will help you in marketing your website on Pinterest.
1. Plan for Success - Be sure to properly set up your account and create Boards that will apply to your niche market.
2. Be Social - Pinterest is a visual social media website. Meaning you need to interact with others. Follow others, comment on their pins, thank others for re-pinning your pins and create relationships. This will enable you to gain a strong following.
3. Invite others to Follow You - We've all seen those Follow me on Pinterest buttons. Be sure to add your own on your blog and other social sites. This is a great way to gain exposure!
4. Pin It - Along the same lines as having others follow you on Pinterest, you need to have a Pin It Button on your blog so others can Pin your images. Be sure your creating quality material to be pinned.
5.Create larger images - Grab attention by having longer images. This will take up more space and gives you more screen time.
6. Remember your SEO - Search Engine Optimization is so key to being found. Use #hashtags, keywords and url's in your pins.
7. Promote Creatively - Add a call to action in your pins... Something like "Pin if you agree" with a favorite quote.
8. Pin Different Image Types - photos, images, text and even videos!
9. Be Copyright Savy - Don't pin images that have copyrights - you can get yourself into trouble. On your own images be sure to add your website address and link back to your page.
Happy Pinning :)
UPDATE: This Articel was just Featured on Divine Caroline's Home Page! Hop over and check it out.