12 Days of handmade Christmas gifts: DAY 2

One of the projects that I want to make is a set of play food for my kids. To purchase handmade play food it can add up. So I thought I would give it a try.
Here is my version of play sugar cookies... I started with some off white fabric and measured out double sided circles.
Then I cut them out, pinning the sides together to make sure they we're even.

I then cut out smaller circles on pink felt.
I then attached the felt to my fabric circles by sewing on beads to imitate sprinkles.

This is what your "cookies" should look like...
I then turned the cookies inside out and sewed them together. Leaving enough room to turn them back around.
So to enclose my cookies I stitched around the edges.
And here is the finished product. A simple handmade play sugar cookie that is safe enough for the baby to play with eat pretty enough for my girls to imagine with.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow on Bloglovin