A Lighter version of the Traditional Apple Cobbler


Let me say I love sweets and deserts and all things that taste yummy! 
With that being said I've been trying to find healthier alternatives for my family rather than being packed full of sugar and boxed cake mixes. 

I came across a Apple Cobbler recipe (love some Apple Cobbler with Ice Cream on top!). SO I played with it a bit and made a lighter version. 
Filling:
4 Apples, cored and sliced to 1/4 inch slices.
1/4 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoons Lemon juice
2 Tablespoons  whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix all of the above ingredients and transfer into a greased  9x13 baking dish.

 Topping:
1 Cup whole wheat flour
1/ 1/4 Cup baking oats
1/4 Cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 Cup margarine
Mix all of the above and then use a pastry whisk to crumble up the margarine into the dry ingredients. You'll want the margarine to be pea sized and mixed throughout all of the dry ingredients.
 You'll then transfer your topping onto the apple filling. Place into a 350*F oven. I baked mine for about 40-45 minutes similar to a traditional Apple Cobbler.
 Take it out of the oven once it's golden brown and crispy on the top.
 I tried it first and couldn't help but put a little ice cream on top! It's so delicious! Imagine a really sweet granola bar on top of warm apples. YUMM!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow on Bloglovin