5 Steps to a Guest Ready Kitchen

 I find one of the biggest reasons I don't have friends over more often is because I don't feel my home is ready. As a disciple I know that I need to show hospitality more often!

1 Peter 4:9 says this: 

Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. 

When I read this verse it reminds me that I need to keep my home in a way that I don't grumble when guests come over because of my insecurities that my home isn't guest worthy. 

Here are 5 Steps that you can do daily (that take less than 30 minutes) to help you feel prepared when a planned or UN-planned guest should arrive!  

 A Count Down to a Guest Ready Kitchen


 5. Sweep! I feel like my entire home is more put together when the floor is clean. My two younger kids enjoy sweeping at their age and that is a simple task that helps me a ton.
4. Crumb free, clean table! Its so embarrassing to have a guest show up and sit at your table with yesterdays breakfast stuck to it.  After each meal I do a quick wipe down.
 3. A dish free sink. We are so blessed with modern technology and the invention of a dishwasher! After each meal make sure your dishes find their way into the dishwasher if your lucky enough to have one. It gives peace of mind and a much better smell if you do. 

If your looking for a great dish soap this is my new favorite! It has no formaldehyde, phthalates or toxic chemicals and is made of 99%biodegradable ingredients and the smell is Fresh Lavender! Its heavenly! (You can find more about that HERE).
 2. Clutter free counters. My mission this past year has been to create a home that is a place of rest and peace where less is more. I recently cleaned out our cupboards and have a simple layout for them. The same goes for the rest of my kitchen. I'm finding if there is a place for everything I feel less anxiety and stress.
1. Have coffee close by! I love coming over to friends houses who welcome you and say "Coffee's on". And are ready to sit across the table from you to enjoy conversation paired with a warm cup of coffee.  And even if you've missed all of the other steps but have coffee to welcome them they will see past the crumbs and enjoy you!

May you enjoy this day, the beauty of your home and the preparedness you have with a home that is guest ready!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow on Bloglovin