Creating a Purposeful Home

 Over this summer Ive been focused on creating a more simple, purposeful home without so much stuff and clutter. My kitchen cabinets included! 

Our cabinet for plates/bowls had been completely turned into a shove all. See those two ice cream buckets in the upper right hand? Those are full of parade candy from the previous year! WHY?!

 So I cleared the cabinet and gave more function to it.
 I painted the inside of the cabinets grey. We have a lot of underlying grey tones in the tile on the floor and counter tops.
 I purged a lot of our old big, heavy dishes. I kept all of the correll dishes that were my great grandmothers and then purchased a new set that was on sell for $22.00 that matched to ensure we had enough for our family.
 I then cut simple labels with my Silhouette for two reasons. 
1. I think its visually pretty and it brings me joy when I open the cabinet doors. 
2. For the little people in my home who help put dishes away, this now shows them there is a specific place for everything.
 I tend to be very sentimental. So there are some dishes I cant get rid of. Like the bowl that was given to us as a wedding present, the bowl that I remember my grandmother serving peaches in at meals and the large serving platter I purchased for the first Thanksgiving I hosted.
As I work through my home and clear things that are just taking up space I'm finding that its leaving room for thigns that I truly do find joy in and providing me with more peace and a clearer mindset.  

Make it a great week!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow on Bloglovin