DIY Gather Sign


Gather signs have been so popular lately and I wanted to create one that was unique to my style. Just love out it turned out. 

The Steps: 

 I started with finding this old frame that was in the back of our garage. I found it somewhere a long time ago and its just been sitting their waiting to be loved.
 This frame in particular is large, approximately 28" x33". 
I then cut 1x4s down to size.
 I then stained the wood.
 Dry brushed some white paint over the top once the stain was dry.
 Once the wood was completely dry I sanded.
 I then pained the frame black and sanded the edges to give it a rustic edge.
I attached the wood to the frame using wood glue and my nail gun.
 I purchased the word "gather" that had already been cut out of sheet metal and attached it to the wood with small nails.
 And I absolutely LOVE the way it turned out. 
Here's to a new season of decorating and creating a beautiful home!

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow on Bloglovin