A Godparent is to be a practicing Christian who will assist the parents in bringing up the child in faith!
Wow!! What a HUGE honor and responsibility. My husband and I we're recently asked to be Godparents. I was so touched. I mean out of lots of loving friends and family members they thought enough of us to ask. After our conversation I got to thinking to myself, "what does a Godparent do?" and "How can a fulfill my duties as a Godparent?"
- Be a good, respectable, and loving figure in the child's life.
- Pray for your Godchild regularly.
- Set an example of Christian living.
- Help your Godchild grow in his faith as a Christian.
- Give encouragement, love and be in the Godchild's life.
Those are things I CAN do after I thought about it! We now can say that we have three little girls of our own and that God has alowed us to be Godparents to a Son.