10 Verses for 2016



As we celebrate the start of a New Year I'm overwhelmingly thankful for all that I have, business that I'm able to pour into, am able to do and the Beautiful People in my life.

I decided to start this year with scripture at hand that I plan to feed into as I set goals, care for my home and family and live life in 2016.

1. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4
As I read this verse it truly gives me the vision that my desires are not of my own. As I draw closer to the Lord and am Joyful in Him that he gives me the desires that he knows I'm meant to conquer, and through those desires He will give me all that I need to succeed in them.

2. Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3
We have 365 day's of this new year. I'm committing this year that all that I do will be done in my best efforts. That each day I will rise with purpose.

3. For the Lord gives wisdom, and from his mouth comes knowledge and understanding. Proverbs 2:6
To be still and ask for God's wisdom, knowledge and understanding in all that I do. From taking care of my family, to serving business partners and customers, to difficult situations.

4. But seek first the kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33
This verse makes me think of being a kid when someone told me "I told you so". When I truly seek God first I find that my day's run smoother. I have less anxiety and worry. I'm able to be at peace and show love and Grace to those who surround me. Therefore those desires that He gives me are being fulfilled.

5. So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 14:33

Through my searching of scripture for 2016 a few things continued to pop out at me. One of them was to do all that I do not for the desires and acceptance of others but for God. No matter what your job (stay at home mom, architect, police officer, business owner, builder), you can do that job/task to truly glorify God.

6. For God is not a God of disorder but of peace. 1 Corinthians 14:33
We are not to run around like chickens with our heads cut off, late for meetings, not able to find our paperwork, with things scattered everywhere. God is of order and peace! Here's to a year of more organization, less procrastination, clarity and finding that peace as we know where each thing is to go.

7. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you we're serving the Lord, ... Ephesians 6:7
This year will be a year of service. Serve your family, neighbors, co workers. Those above, below and side by side you. And then watch where life leads you.

8. Do nothing out of selfish ambitions or vain conceit, but in
humility consider others better than you. Philippians 2:3
When we put others before ourselves and make "it" about them we find so much more value. We are able to then enhance their lives and through that we are given much joy.

9. Whatever you do, work at it with all of your heart, as working for the Lord. Colossians 3:23
As I mentioned above, God truly pointed out to me that this year I need to serve wholeheartedly as if I was serving Him. With all of my strength, knowledge and might. I encourage you to do so as well.

10. Each one should use whatever gifts he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's Grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4:10
Our God given right was to each be given gifts that we are to use to their full potential. If your a great Leader, lead! If your a writer, write! If you are a mother, do it to your best ability. Use the GIFT that God has given you, share it with those around you and by doing so you'll be serving God. 


May 2016 be a year of Laughter, Showing Grace and Serving Others!


Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Follow on Bloglovin